APPLICATION FOR NEW ADULT MONTHLY TRAVEL CARD STARTS TOMORROW
SINGAPORE, 5 March, 2014 –
From tomorrow, 6 March 2014, public transport commuters can apply for the new Adult Monthly Travel Card (AMTC). With the AMTC, card holders can purchase the Adult Monthly Travel Pass (AMTP), which will cap their monthly expenditures on bus and train fares at $120.
2. The AMTP is priced at $120 for unlimited rides on basic bus services and trains for a month. A specimen of the AMTC is as shown:
How to Apply
3. The scheme is open for application by all Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply online for the AMTC through TransitLink’s (TL) website at www.transitlink.com.sg or TL’s Mobile Services App (available on App Store on iTunes and Google Play Store). Applicants will need to make a credit or debit card payment of $128 [comprising the AMTP ($120), a one-time non-refundable card cost ($5) and personalisation fee ($3)]. Applicants using either of these application modes will receive their card within three weeks upon submission. Those who apply by 16 March 2014 will receive their card before 6 April 2014, the date of commencement of the AMTP Scheme.
Mobile Services App Icon
4. Hardcopy applications for an AMTC can also be made at any of TL’s 42 Ticket Offices (TO) and six Concession Card Replacement Offices (CCRO) located island-wide (see Annex A for details). Applicants will need to make a cash payment and provide a recent passport-sized colour photograph when submitting the application. Applicants can expect to receive their card within six weeks upon submission.
Early Activation of AMTC
5. Card holders will need to activate the AMTC after receipt and select the start date of the AMTP at any TL TO or CCRO. Those who wish to start using the AMTP from a date between 6 and 13 April 2014 (both dates inclusive), can activate their Cards from 24 March 2014. Alternatively, from 6 April 2014, you can activate your card up to 7 days in advance from your AMTP start date.
6. TL will extend the operating hours at selected TO as well as set up additional counters at selected MRT stations and bus interchanges. Service ambassadors will also be on-site to provide assistance. More details will be provided at a later date.
Annex A: Locations of TOs and CCROs
Annex B: Visual of Application Form for Adult Monthly Travel Card cum Pass
# # #