BUS STOP DISTANCE REFUND STARTS TOMORROW
Refunds will be available for 6 months (18 Dec 2010 to 17 Jun 2011)
- From tomorrow, 18 December 2010, commuters affected by overcharging as a result of the bus stop distance corrections can get a full refund on the spot at their convenience through the following channels:
i) Any TransitLink Add Value Machine (AVM – a purple machine), by placing their CEPAS card on the card reader and selecting the "Bus Stop Distance Refund" icon on the screen. The system will automatically check and credit the total eligible refund amount into the card.
ii) Any TransitLink Ticket Office/Concession Card Replacement Office, by presenting their CEPAS card to the officer who will check and credit the total eligible refund amount into the card.
- The AVMs, Ticket Offices/ Concession Card Replacement Offices are located at most bus interchanges, MRT stations and selected bus stops. Signs will be placed at these locations to guide commuters to the nearest refund facility. Commuters can check the list of locations at www.publictransport.sg.
- Commuters can also check if they are eligible for a refund by keying in their 16-digit CEPAS card number at www.publictransport.sg or via an automated voice response system by calling the TransitLink Hotline at 1800 2255 663.
- To give commuters more time, refunds will be available for six months from 18 December 2010 to 17 June 2011. Affected commuters need not make a special trip, and can get their refund when they next top-up their cards. Bus operators will donate any unclaimed amount after the refund period to the Public Transport Fund, which will benefit needy families.
- The public can also call the following hotlines if they have queries:
i) TransitLink Hotline at 1800 2255 663
ii) LTA at 1800-CALL LTA (1800 2255 582)
iii) SBS Transit at 1800 2872 727
iv) SMRT at 1800 3368 900
- Posters on the bus stop distance refunds will be put up at all bus interchanges, MRT stations and Community Centres/Clubs. In addition, signs will be put up at AVMs and Ticket Offices/Concession Card Replacement Offices. Stickers at the AVMs will provide commuters with a step-by-step guide on how to get their refund.
Annex A: Bus stop distance refund posters and stickers
Annex B: List of TransitLink Add Value Machines and Ticket Offices/Concession Card Replacement Offices