Product & Services

Adjust font size: zoom in zoom out email Email Page Print Print

 Senior Citizen Concession Card

What is it?

This convenient smartcard for hassle-free concession travel on buses, the MRT and LRT is specially made for senior Permanent Residents aged 60 years and above.


That sounds interesting! How do I apply for the Concession Card?

You may apply for the Senior Citizen Concession Card one month before your 60th birthday by clicking HERE or via TL SimplyGo mobile app.
Download links: Apple Appstore | Google Play

Alternatively, you may submit your application at any TransitLink Ticket Office.

Just remember to bring along a photocopy of your NRIC (both the front and reverse sides) and a colour passport-sized photograph that was taken within the last 3 months against a white background!

Photograph must fulfil the following criteria:

  • Taken against a white background in colour passport-sized
  • Hair must be neatly combed or tied up
  • Image must show full face from chin to crown of the head

You will receive your Senior Citizen Concession Card approximately 2 - 4 weeks from the date of your application.

For seniors who are turning 60, please ensure that your application is received by TransitLink at least two (2) weeks before your 60th birthday in order to receive your concession card before your 60th birthday.

Back to Top

That's great! So once I received my Senior Citizen Concession Card, I can use it immediately, right?

Well, before you can start using your shiny new concession card, you will have to activate it first.

To start using your Senior Citizen Concession Card, simply head down to any TransitLink Ticket Office to activate the card. As it does not come with any travel value, we recommend you to do a minimum $10 top up.

Please bring along your NRIC (a copy of the original is acceptable) for verification purposes. If you would like a proxy to activate the card on your behalf, both your NRIC and proxy's NRIC would have to be presented at the Ticket Office counter.

Back to Top

What type of travel pass can I purchase?

Senior citizens enjoy concession fares on the public bus and train services by travelling with their Senior Citizen Concession Card. Click here for more information on fares for senior citizens.

Senior citizens can choose to purchase the Hybrid Monthly Concession Pass (MCP) at any TransitLink Ticket Office, TransitLink Kiosk, Add Value Machine or Ticketing Machines in MRT Stations.

Concession Pass Benefit Price
Hybrid Concession Pass (HCP) Unlimited rides on basic bus services and trains $64

Please note that:

* Concession cards have to be activated and valid before the purchase of concession passes.

* Only ONE valid concession pass can be utilised in an individual concession card at any one time.

* Concession pass is valid for one month, which is similar to all other passes.

* Activation of concession pass can be made up to 7 days in advance from your travel start date. Concession passes cannot be overlapped in dates.

* Unused concession pass is non-refundable.

* Concession cardholders who do not require the concession passes will still continue to enjoy concessionary fares on their existing concession card.

* Basic bus services include trunk and feeder services.
- Express and premium bus services like Chinatown Direct, Premium, Nite Owl, NightRider and City Direct are NOT included.

For more information on basic and premium bus services, click on the respective bus operators below.

SBS Transit | SMRT | Tower Transit | Go-Ahead

Back to Top

How do I top up my card?

All you have to do is visit any TransitLink Ticket Office to top up your card. You may also top up the card at the TransitLink Kiosks (TL Kiosks), Add Value Machines (AVMs), Top-up Machines (TUMs) or General Ticketing Machines (GTMs), which are conveniently located at MRT stations and bus interchanges island wide. Payment at the AVMs and TUMs can be done via NETS while e-Payments such as NETS, credit and debit cards are accepted at the TL Kiosks and GTMs. Do note that the minimum top-up amount is $10 and that the maximum stored value of the card is $500.

In addition, you may top up your card at 7-Eleven and Cheers outlets. A convenience fee may be applicable for each transaction.

Alternatively, you can apply for the Auto Top-Up (ATU) facility by credit card or Bank GIRO to enjoy the convenience of automatically adding value to your concession cards. The pre-selected ATU amount will be deducted from the registered credit/debit card or bank account. For more information on the ATU scheme and application process, please refer to the FAQ and Terms and Conditions for Concession Card ATU Scheme on EZ-Link’s website.

Back to Top

Is there anything else that I should take note of?

  • The Concession Card must be carried as proof of eligibility when travelling on the MRT/LRT/bus in order to enjoy travel concession.

  • If you are a Concession Card holder and intend to pay cash, please let the bus driver know. Then flash your Concession Card for the bus driver's verification before you drop your cash into the fare box.

  • If you forget to bring your Concession Card or if your Concession Card has expired, please pay adult cash fare or use a valid adult stored value card.

  • Concession Cards are not transferable, so please use the Concession Card that belongs to you.

  • It is best not to place your Concession Card on top of another stored value card inside your wallet or any personal carrier to avoid problems and/or retention of your card. Kindly use each card separately.

  • It is advisable to still tap your Concession Card against the entry and exit card readers when boarding and alighting from these buses. This is a good habit to cultivate because exit processing will ensure that you qualify for valid transfers.

Back to Top

Oh no! I've lost my card! What should I do?

Not to worry! Simply call 1800-CALL ONE (1800-2255663) which operates daily from 8am to 6pm (excluding public holidays) and provide your NRIC number or concession card number along with your contact number. If you are calling after operating hours, just leave a voice mail.

And for security reasons, the loss report is irreversible once it is lodged in our system and the card, even if found, would no longer be usable. So we sincerely advise card holders to search thoroughly for the card before making the loss report.

Please take note that you will have to inform the National Library Board (NLB) of the lost concession card to avoid any misuse. You may call NLB's helpdesk at 6332 3255.

Should there be any misuse before the card is cancelled, TransitLink will not be liable. Any remaining value will be refunded to you in cash after 10 working days.

Back to Top

I think my card is spoilt. What should I do?

If your card is faulty, just approach any TransitLink Ticket Office to obtain a Temporary Card when you present the technically faulty card to the staff.

The Temporary Card is encoded with $5.00 in travel value to help you make your way to the TransitLink Concession Card Replacement Office for an immediate replacement and to file a deferred refund for the unused period of your Monthly Concession Pass. The amount will be pro-rated and refunded to you within 10 working days.

Do take note that the Temporary Card is valid for only 10 days. You may also top-up the card for use and adult fare will be deducted. When making your new concession card, the Temporary Card must be returned.

You can click here to read the terms and conditions of use of the Temporary Card.

The replacement cost will be waived if the card is found to be faulty by TransitLink.

Back to Top

What if I need to get my card replaced?

There are 3 ways to get your card replaced.

If you are heading down to the Concession Card Replacement Office to apply for a replacement, please bring along:

  • Original NRIC/Re-entry Permit for Singapore Permanent Residents; and
  • Senior Citizen Concession card (if applicable); and
  • One colour passport-sized photograph that was taken within the last 3 months against a white background

Photograph must fulfil the following criteria:

  • Taken against a white background in colour passport-sized
  • Hair must be neatly combed or tied up
  • Image must show full face from chin to crown of the head

If you would like a proxy to help you apply for a replacement, then they will have to present their own original NRIC / Passport in addition to the above-mentioned items.

Back to Top

How much will it cost to replace my card?

The charges for replacement of a lost, damaged or defective Senior Citizen Concession Card are:

Replacement Costs Lost Card via Concession Card Replacement Offices Lost Card via Self-service Channels (Online/Mobile/TransitLink Kiosk) Damaged Card Defective Card
Administrative Fee $8 $7 Waived Free Replacement
Card Cost $5 $5 $5
Personalisation Fee $3.10 $3.10 $3.10
Total $16.10 $15.10 $8.10 $0

The above fees are subject to changes

The card cost and personalisation fee are the actual cost of the card medium and its production. The administrative fee covers the handling and operating costs.

Do note that you will need to top up upon activation of card.

Back to Top

What if I would like to get a refund on my card?

If you would like to obtain a refund of any remaining travel value on the card, simply return the concession card to any TransitLink Ticket Office where it will be retained. Remember to bring along your original NRIC/Passport to receive the refund.

If you would like someone else to help receive the refund of the card, then they will have to present their own original NRIC / Passport in addition to the above-mentioned items.

Do note that if you decide to apply for another Senior Citizen Concession Card later on, it will be treated as a replacement and subject to replacement charges of $16.10 performed at Concession Card Replacement Office ($8 administrative fee, $5 non-refundable card cost and $3.10 personalisation fee) OR $15.10 at Self-service Channels via Online, Mobile and TransitLink Kiosk ($7 administrative fee, $5 non-refundable card cost and $3.10 personalisation fee).

Back to Top