You must be a full-time matriculated undergraduate* from the following 11 government or government-aided tertiary institutions or a student who is sponsored or receiving an allowance from an organisation:
- BCA Academy^
- LaSalle College of the Arts^
- Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts (NAFA)^
- Nanyang Technological University
- National Institute of Education
- National University of Singapore
- Singapore Institute of Technology
- Singapore Management University
- Singapore Polytechnic (Degree course students only)
- Singapore University of Social Sciences
- Singapore University of Technology & Design
If your application is unsuccessful, please check with your institution.
*Postgraduates are not eligible for the Undergraduate Concession Card
^For students in Degree Programmes
How to Apply
You can apply for the Undergraduate Concession Card during the bulk application exercise conducted every April to May and July to August.
If you missed the application exercise window, please apply here or at any Concession Card Replacement Office. Before you head down, please call the TransitLink Hotline at 1800-2255 663 to check your eligibility.
You will receive your new concession card from your institution after TransitLink has processed your application.
- 1 x colour, passport-size photograph*
- Matriculation Card
- Either of the below proof of identity (soft copy for online
- Original NRIC/passport (Singapore Citizens); or
- Original NRIC/Re-entry Permit (Singapore Permanent Residents); or
- Original passport and Foreign Student Pass (FIN) (foreign students).
*The photograph must:
- Be taken within the last three months
- Have a white background
- Show the full face from the top of the head to the chin
- Have neatly combed or tied up hair
$8.10 (includes $5 card cost and $3.10 personalisation fee, both non-refundable)
Head down to any TransitLink Ticket Office with your original NRIC/Passport/Re-entry Permit/Foreign Student Pass (FIN) and make a minimum top-up of $10 to activate the card for use on public transport.
Monthly Concession Pass
Tertiary students can enjoy travel concessions through the use of Monthly Concession Passes (MCPs), which offer one month of unlimited travel on train and/or basic bus services (trunk and feeder services).
Prices are as follows:
|Bus Concession Pass (BCP)||$55.50|
|Train Concession Pass (TCP)||$48.00|
|Hybrid Concession Pass (HCP)*||$90.50|
*for both train and basic bus services
Concession cards have to be activated and valid before the purchase of concession passes.
Only ONE valid concession pass can be used on an individual concession card at any one time.
The concession pass can be activated up to seven days in advance of your intended travel start date. The validity period of the concession pass cannot overlap with that of the previously purchased concession pass.
Unused concession pass or any part thereof is non-refundable.
Adult fares will be deducted in the absence of a concession pass.
The concession pass cannot be used on Express and Premium Bus Services like Chinatown Direct Bus Services, Nite Owl bus services, NightRider services and City Direct Services. For more information on basic and premium bus services, please visit the SBS Transit, SMRT, Tower Transit or Go-Ahead Singapore website.
Card Validity Period
You can continue to use the Undergraduate Concession Card to purchase monthly concession passes until you are no longer enrolled in a government or government-aided institution. Your eligibility period is determined by your institution.
Upon completing your studies, you can continue to use the concession card for another four months. However, adult fares will apply. You may wish to purchase the $128 Adult Monthly Travel Pass for one month of unlimited basic bus and train rides.
The Undergraduate Concession Card can no longer be used once it expires. You will need to purchase an Adult Stored Value Card for daily commuting.
Upon completing your studies, there is a four-month grace period for you to return your Undergraduate Concession Card and request an immediate refund of any remaining travel value at any TransitLink Ticket Office. To collect the refund, please bring along:
- Singapore Citizens/Permanent Residents: your original NRIC/passport; or
- Foreigners: your original Re-entry Permit/Student Pass (FIN); and
- Representative’s original NRIC/passport (if someone is collecting for you)
Once the four-month period is over, your Undergraduate Concession Card will expire and cannot be refunded immediately. Our Customer Service Office will issue a receipt for any applicable refund, which can be collected at any TransitLink Ticket Office after five working days.
The refund of the Undergraduate Concession Card is not allowed while the concession is still valid.
Refunds for early school leavers can be made at any Concession Card Replacement Office.