Product & Services

Adjust font size: zoom in zoom out email Email Page Print Print

NSF Concession Card

What is it?

If you are a full-time National Serviceman serving in the Singapore Armed Forces (SAF), Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) or Singapore Police Force (SPF), and you are looking for a convenient and cashless way to commute, then you are in luck! You can enjoy concession fare through the use of Monthly Concession Passes with your NSF Concession Card.

For how long am I allowed to use the card?

The concession card can be used until the end of full-time National Service. You can check the expiry date of the card at any Add Value Machine (AVM+) or General Ticketing Machine (GTM) in MRT stations and bus interchanges.

Once concession eligibility has expired, the card can no longer be used and you will need to purchase an Adult Stored Value Card for daily commuting.

Back to Top

So how do I apply for one?

The NSF Concession Card will be processed through your respective unit.

Back to Top

That's great! So once I received my NSF Concession Card, I can use it immediately, right?

Well not just yet… before you can start using your shiny new concession card, you will have to activate the card first.

To start using your NSF Concession Card, simply head down to any TransitLink Ticket Office to activate the card by making a minimum top-up of $10. Don't forget to bring your original NRIC / Passport for verification purposes.

Back to Top

Are there any concession schemes available?

There sure are! Full-time NS Men enjoy concessionary travel through the use of Monthly Concession Passes (MCPs). MCPs can be purchased at any TransitLink Ticket Office or Add Value Machine (AVM+).

Enhanced concession scheme (From 6 April):
Concession Pass Benefit Price
Bus Concession Pass (BCP) Unlimited travel on basic bus services $52.00
Train Concession Pass (TCP) Unlimited travel on train rides $45.00
Hybrid Concession Pass (HCP) Combination of BCP and TCP $85.00

Please note that:

* Concession cards have to be activated and valid before the purchase of concession passes.

* Only ONE valid concession pass can be utilised in an individual concession card at any one time.

* Concession pass is valid for one month, which is similar to all other passes.

* Activation of concession pass can be made up to 7 days in advance from your travel start date. Concession passes cannot be overlapped in dates.

* Unused concession pass is non-refundable.

* Please note that you will need to pay adult fares for travel if you decide not to purchase a Monthly Concession Pass.

* Basic bus services include trunk and feeder services.
- Express, Fast Forward and premium bus services like Chinatown Direct, Premium, Nite Owl, NightRider and City Direct are NOT included.
- Concession Passes are applicable for Parks 408.

For more information on basic and premium bus services, click on the respective bus operators below.
SBS Transit | SMRT | Tower Transit | Go-Ahead

Back to Top

What if I want to top up my card?

All you have to do is visit any TransitLink Ticket Office to top up your card. The minimum amount that you can top up is $10 and the maximum of $500.

You could also use the Add Value Machines (AVM+) and General Ticketing Machines (GTMs) in MRT stations and bus interchanges to top up your card. The AVM+ only accepts payments via NETS, while the GTM accepts cash and e-Payments such as NETS, credit and debit cards.

Back to Top

Oh no! I've lost my card! What should I do?

Not to worry! Simply call 1800-CALL ONE (1800-2255 663) which operates daily from 8am to 6pm (excluding public holidays) and provide your NRIC number or concession card number along with your contact number. If you are calling after operating hours, just leave a voice mail.

And for security reasons, the loss report is irreversible once it is lodged in our system and the card, even if found, will no longer be usable. So you should search thoroughly for the card before making the loss report.

Please take note that you will have to inform the National Library Board (NLB) of the lost concession card to avoid any misuse. You may call NLB's helpdesk at 6332 3255.

Should there be any misuse before the card is cancelled, TransitLink will not be liable. Any remaining value will be refunded to you in cash after 10 days.

Back to Top

I think my card is spoilt. What should I do?

If your card is faulty, just approach any TransitLink Ticket Office to obtain a Temporary Card.

The Temporary Card is encoded with $5.00 in travel value to help you make your way to the TransitLink Concession Card Replacement Office for an immediate replacement and to file a deferred refund for the unused period of your Monthly Concession Pass. The amount will be pro-rated and refunded to you within 10 working days.

Do take note that the Temporary Card is valid for only 10 days. You may also top-up the card for use and adult fare will be deducted. When making your new concession card, the Temporary Card must be returned.

You can click here to read the terms and conditions of use of the Temporary Card.

The administrative fee and the replacement cost will be waived in the event that the electronic data on the technically faulty card cannot be reliably read for any reason whatsoever as determined by TransitLink.

Back to Top

What if I need to get my card replaced?

There are 3 ways to get your card replaced.

If you are heading down to the Concession Card Replacement Office to apply for a replacement, kindly bring along:

  • Original SAF/SCDF/SPF Identity card,
  • One colour passport-sized photograph that was taken with the last 3 months against a white background and
  • NSF Concession card (if applicable)

Photograph must fulfil the following criteria:

  • Taken against a white background in colour passport-sized
  • Hair must be neatly combed or tied up
  • Image must show full face from chin to crown of the head

If you would like a proxy to help you apply for a replacement, then they will have to present their own original NRIC / Passport in addition to the above-mentioned items.

Back to Top

How much will it cost to replace my card?

The charges for replacement of a lost, damaged or defective NSF Concession Card are:

Replacement Costs Lost Card via Concession Card Replacement Offices Lost Card via Self-service Channels (Online/Mobile/TransitLink Kiosk) Damaged Card Defective Card
Administrative Fee $13 $11 Waived Free Replacement
Card Cost $5 $5 $5
Personalisation Fee $3.10 $3.10 $3.10
Total $21.10 $19.10 $8.10 $0

The above fees are subject to changes

The card cost and personalisation fee are the actual cost of the card medium and its production. The administrative fee covers the handling and operating costs.

Do note that you will have to top-up a minimum $10 travel value to activate the card.

Back to Top

What if I would like to get a refund on my card?

If you would like to obtain a refund of any remaining travel value on the card, simply return the concession card to any TransitLink Ticket Office where it will be retained. Remember to bring along your original NRIC/Passport to receive the refund. If you would like someone else to help receive the refund of the card, then they will have to present their own original NRIC / Passport as well.

Do take note that refund of the NSF Concession card is not allowed while the concession eligibility is in effect.

Back to Top

I've just completed my National Service. Can I still use the card?

We kindly advise all NSF to check with their respective camps on the eligibility concession period. The NSF Concession Card can be used for a further 4 months upon expiry of your concession eligibility but you will not be able to purchase any concession passes.

At any point of time during the 4 months grace period, you may request for an immediate refund (if any) at any TransitLink Ticket Office or Concession Card Replacement Office. But once the 4 months period is up, your card will expire and cannot be used or refunded immediately. You will then be issued a receipt and the refund can be collected after 5 working days from any TransitLink Ticket Office or Concession Card Replacement Office.

Back to Top

Is there anything else that I should take note of?

  • The concession card must be carried as proof of eligibility when travelling on the MRT/LRT/bus in order to enjoy travel concession.

  • The card must be shown without demand to the bus driver, inspector or other authorised staff of SBS Transit, SMRT, SLRT, Tower Transit, Go-Ahead and TransitLink when requested.

  • If you forget to bring your concession card or if your concession card has expired, please pay adult cash fare or use a valid adult stored value card.

  • Concession cards are not transferable, so please use the concession card that belongs to you.

  • Should you decide not to purchase a concession pass, adult fares will be deducted.

  • It is best not to place your concession card on top of another stored value card inside your wallet or any personal carrier. Only the intended card to be used for travel should be tapped at the bus and MRT/LRT gate readers to avoid problems and/or retention of your card. Each card is to be used separately.

  • NSF who have bought a bus or hybrid concession pass should still tap the concession card against the entry and exit card readers when boarding and alighting from buses. Although no deductions will be made, it is a good habit to cultivate because valid exit processing will ensure that you qualify for valid transfers when the electronic concession pass is not in use.

  • Legal proceedings may be taken against any person who misuses the card, allows any misuse of the card, or breaches any of the Terms & Conditions, for the use of the NSF Concession Card. SBS Transit, SMRT, SLRT, Tower Transit, Go-Ahead and TransitLink reserve the right to retain any card deemed necessary for investigation. The concession card shall be retained if it has been tampered with, misused, replaced or refunded.

  • Should your card get retained, you may call the toll-free TransitLink Hotline 1800-CALL ONE (1800-2255 663) to check on the retained smartcard status after 5 working days.

Back to Top