Product & Services

Adjust font size: zoom in zoom out email Email Page Print Print

Replacement of Expiring Workfare Transport Concession (WTC) Card: Click HERE to find out more. 

For Workfare Transport Concession (WTC) cardholders whose concession eligibility has expired, please note that you will not be receiving a replacement WTC card. However, should you start receiving Workfare Income Supplement payments again, you may re-apply for a WTC card at no cost.

For more information, please call our hotline at 1800-2255-663.


What is it?

The Workfare Transport Concession Card is a personalised card for Workfare Income Supplement (WIS) recipients below 60 years old. With this card, commuters get to enjoy up to 25% discount off adult fares.


What are the eligibility criteria for Workfare Transport Concession Card?

The concession scheme is applicable for individuals who are below 60 years old, and have received Workfare Income Supplement (WIS) payments.

WIS recipients who are 60 years old and above, or turning 60 years old in one month's time, should apply for the PAssion Silver Concession Scheme, which provides higher concessions than the Workfare Transport Concession Scheme (WTCS).

To qualify for WIS, a worker must meet the following criteria: 

a. Be a Singapore citizen;
b. Be aged 35 years and above on 31 December of the work year;
c. Earn a gross monthly income of not more than $2,300 in the month worked;
d. Earn an average gross monthly income of not more than $2,300 in the past 12 months;*
e. Work at least one month;
f. Be staying in a property with an annual value not exceeding $13,000 assessed as at 31 December of the preceding year;
g. Not owning two or more properties; and
h. If married,

i. S/he and his/her spouse together do not own two or more properties; and
ii. The assessable income of his/her spouse does not exceed $70,000.

Employees are automatically paid WIS every month** based on their monthly CPF contributions. Self-Employed Persons (SEPs) will need to declare their net trade income and make Medisave payments to receive their WIS annually. Those who qualify for WIS will be notified of their WIS payments.

*Average gross monthly income includes basic salary and extra wages such as overtime pay and bonuses.
**The amount of payout for each month of work will be computed based on your age and income earned in that month. The gross income earned in that month should not exceed $2,300.


If you are currently holding a Eligible to apply for WTCS card?
Diploma Student Concession Card  Yes 
 Undergraduate Concession Card Yes 
NSF Concession Card Yes 
 Any other Concession Card not stated above No 

*Please note that all the WIS criteria must be met in order to qualify for the WTC Concession Card.

For more information on the WIS scheme, please visit the Workfare Portal.

Back to Top

Interesting! So how do I apply for one?

To apply for the Workfare Transport Concession Card, eligible applicants can click HERE or download TL SimplyGo mobile app to complete the relevant online application form, and submit their photograph.
Download links: Apple Appstore | Google Play

Alternatively, eligible applicants may apply at any TransitLink Ticket Office with a colour passport-sized photograph taken within last 3 months against a white background, and present their NRIC for verification purposes.

Photograph must fulfil the following criteria:

  • Taken against a white background in colour passport-sized
  • Hair must be neatly combed or tied up
  • Image must show full face from chin to crown of the head

Back to Top

How long does it take after submitting an application to receive the concession card?

Applications will take around 2 - 4 weeks processing time. Once you receive your concession card, simply head down to any TransitLink Ticket Office to activate it by making a minimum top-up of $10. Don't forget to bring your NRIC / Passport for verification purposes.

Back to Top

Is the timeline for the card application and the concession validity the same for a self-employed person?

Yes, the timeline for card application and the concession validity for a self-employed person are the same as that for salaried employees. Both employees and self-employed persons are advised to apply for their concession cards as soon as they receive their WIS payout in order to enjoy Workfare Transport Concession fares early. 

Back to Top

For how long can I use the Workfare Transport Concession Card?

The validity period for the Workfare Transport Concession Card is one year from when a WIS recipient receives his WIS payout, or end 4 months after his 60th birthday, whichever is earlier. If the WIS recipient drops out of the WIS scheme subsequently, his concession is still valid, as the concession validity is for one year from when he last received a WIS payment. He can still use the concession card and enjoy concessionary fares until the concession validity period of his WTC card expires.

Beyond the one-year concession period, the card’s concession validity will expire if the recipient does not receive any more WIS payments. The commuter will be charged the adult fares if he continues to use his WTC card on public transport.

Back to Top

Can I continue to enjoy travel concessions if I am no longer on the WIS scheme?

The concession tenure granted is for at least 12 months upon the WIS payout. Renewals of the transport concessions will be dependent on whether the cardholdeers subsequently receives any WIS payment before reaching age of 60, after which will be eligible for the Senior Citizen Concession Scheme.

Back to Top

Can I continue to use the Workfare Transport Concession Card after the concession validity is over?

After the expiry of the concession validity, the Workfare Transport Concession Card can be used but the cardholder will pay adult fares for travelling on the bus and train network. Cardholders are advised to keep their card even after the concession validity has expired as they may re-qualify for WTCS subsequently.

Back to Top

Will the validity date of the concession card be updated and extended whenever I receive my subsequent WIS payout?

Renewal of the concessions will depend on whether the cardholder has received any subsequent WIS payments before the concession validity period expires. The validity of their concession cards will be automatically extended whenever the cardholder taps his card at any General Ticketing Machine, Add Value Machine or Top-Up Machine, and will be reset to commence from the last WIS payment date. This also applies to concession cards that are on Auto Top-up facility.

Back to Top

What is Interim Financial Assistance and how can it be claimed?

An Interim Financial Assistance (IFA) of $30 was provided to eligible WIS recipients to help defray the transport costs between April to July 2014, and could be claimed at any TransitLink Ticket Office or Add Value Machine with the notification letter and their existing travel card, or Workfare Transport Concession Card.

*Please note that redemption of IFA had ended on 31 December 2014.

Back to Top

What type of travel pass can I purchase?

Workfare Transport Concession Cardholders can purchase the Hybrid Monthly Concession Pass at any TransitLink Ticket Office, TransitLink Kiosk, Add Value Machine and Ticketing Machines in MRT Stations.

Concession Pass Benefit Price
Hybrid Concession Pass (HCP) Unlimited rides on basic bus services and trains $128

Please note that:

* Concession cards have to be activated and valid before the purchase of concession passes.

* Only ONE valid concession pass can be utilised in an individual concession card at any one time.

* Concession pass is valid for one month, which is similar to all other passes.

* Activation of concession pass can be made up to 7 days in advance from your travel start date. Concession passes cannot be overlapped in dates.

* Unused concession pass is non-refundable.

* Concession cardholders who do not require the concession passes will still continue to enjoy concessionary fares on their existing concession card (provided concession eligibility is still valid).

*Adult fares will be deducted from the WTC card if the WTCS concession is not valid.

* Basic bus services include trunk and feeder services.
- Express and premium bus services like Chinatown Direct, Premium, Nite Owl, NightRider and City Direct are NOT included.

For more information on basic and premium bus services, click on the respective bus operators below.

SBS Transit | SMRT | Tower Transit | Go-Ahead

Back to Top

How do I top up the card?

All you have to do is visit any TransitLink Ticket Office to top up your card. You may also top up the card at the TransitLink Kiosks (TL Kiosks), Add Value Machines (AVMs), Top-up Machines (TUMs) or General Ticketing Machines (GTMs), which are conveniently located at MRT stations and bus interchanges island wide. Payment at the AVMs and TUMs can be done via NETS while e-Payments such as NETS, credit and debit cards are accepted at the TL Kiosks and GTMs. Do note that the minimum top-up amount is $10 and that the maximum stored value of the card is $500.

In addition, you may top up your card at 7-Eleven and Cheers outlets. A convenience fee may be applicable for each transaction.

Alternatively, you can apply for the Auto Top-Up (ATU) facility by credit card or Bank GIRO to enjoy the convenience of automatically adding value to your concession cards. The pre-selected ATU amount will be deducted from the registered credit/debit card or bank account. For more information on the ATU scheme and application process, please refer to the FAQ and Terms and Conditions for Concession Card ATU Scheme on EZ-Link’s website.

Back to Top

Oh no, I've lost my card! What should I do?

Not to worry! Simply call 1800-CALL ONE (1800-2255 663) which operates daily from 8am to 6pm (excluding public holidays) and provide your NRIC number or concession card number along with your contact number. If you are calling after operating hours, just leave a voice mail.

And for security reasons, the loss report is irreversible once it is lodged in our system and the card, even if found, would no longer be usable. So we sincerely advise card holders to search thoroughly for the card before making the loss report.

Should there be any misuse before the card is cancelled, TransitLink will not be liable. Any remaining value will be refunded to you in cash after 10 working days.

Back to Top

I think my card is spoilt. What should I do?

If your card is faulty, you may approach any TransitLink Ticket Office to obtain a Temporary Card when you present the technically faulty card to the staff. The Temporary Card is encoded with $5.00 in travel value to help you make your way to the TransitLink Concession Card Replacement Office for an immediate replacement. Do take note that the Temporary Card is valid for only 10 days. You may also top-up the card for use and adult fare will be deducted. When making your new concession card, the Temporary Card must be returned.

You can click here to read the terms and conditions of use of the Temporary Card.

The administrative fee and the replacement cost will be waived in the event that the electronic data on the technically faulty card cannot be reliably read for any reason whatsoever as determined by TransitLink.

Back to Top

What if I need to get my card replaced?

There are 3 ways to get your card replaced.

If you are heading down to the Concession Card Replacement Office to apply for a replacement, kindly bring along:

  • Original NRIC/Passport for verification purposes; and
  • One colour passport-sized photograph that was taken within the last 3 months against a white background.

Photograph must fulfil the following criteria:

  • Taken against a white background in colour passport-sized
  • Hair must be neatly combed or tied up
  • Image must show full face from chin to crown of the head

If you would like someone else to help you apply for a replacement, then they will have to present their own original NRIC / Passport in addition to the above-mentioned items. 

Back to Top

How much will it cost to replace my card?

The charges for replacement of a lost, damaged or defective Workfare Transport Concession Card are:

Replacement Costs Lost Card via Concession Card Replacement Offices Lost Card via Self-service Channels (Online/Mobile/TransitLink Kiosk) Damaged Card Defective Card
Administrative Fee $13 $11 Waived Free Replacement
Card Cost $5 $5 $5
Personalisation Fee $3.10 $3.10 $3.10
Total $21.10 $19.10 $8.10 $0

The above fees are subject to changes

The card cost and personalisation fee are the actual cost of the card medium and its production. The administrative fee covers the handling and operating costs.

Do note that you will have to top-up a minimum $10 travel value to activate the card.

Back to Top

What if I would like to get a refund on my card?

If you would like to obtain a refund of any remaining travel value on the card, simply return the concession card to any TransitLink Ticket Office where it will be retained. Remember to bring along your original NRIC/Passport to receive the refund. If you would like a proxy to help receive the refund of the card, then they will have to present their own original NRIC / Passport in addition to the above-mentioned items.

Back to Top